Thursday 29 April 2010

Lost


Fulham are in the Europa League Finals and I am stunned. Stunned because I didn't know Fulham was in London, let alone three miles away (I didn't know what the Europa League was, either).

Geography was never my strong point, but I appreciate this is pretty bad. Still, it's what this place is like; you can live here for decades and still need an A-Z to get you home if you stray outside your postcode. Or a trail of breadcrumbs. Or £40 to pay a rip-off cabbie.

Come to think of it, I've barely set foot in north London in the years that I've been here, apart from bloody Mary stop-offs in Camden and that one time I got lost in Finsbury Park. Perhaps I am missing out on something wonderful, which will make me rethink my whole London approach? It is north, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment